Give yourselves a triumphant pat on the back for everything you have achieved during the first week of the 3rd lockdown. Weather it be home schooling your children, working from home, running a business and home schooling your children or being a key worker and your children are at school.
Each family are different and we do what is right for our own families, so please don't judge others instead celebrate our achievements during this unusual time. Well done to you all you're all incredible. "We are in the same storm sailing in different boats"
For those of you that I haven't had the pleasure to meet yet. I am also a preschool practitioner, so I thought I would add some ideas of what you may like to do with your under 5's based on their learning outcomes although this can apply to all children.
1. Using a paintbrush or their fingers and draw lines and circles in the snow/flour. This strengthens your childs fingers for when they begin to write in the correct hand position.
2. Use resources for example cardboard boxes, the sofa, blankets and lego to create a farm, a dinosaur land or a fairy land along with small figures to enable them to use their imagination and lead the play.
3. Using your recycling to create music tap out a rhythm and ask your child to copy you, then dance along to he music you have created.
4. Draw or create using pasta your child's face and then progress to asking your child who they live with and draw or create those people.
5. Counting objects first start counting 1-5 then 1-10 by pointing to each object prompting your child to repeat after you.
6.During your exercise outside try geocaching. You need to download the geocaching app before you leave the house its a outdoor treasure hunt loved by all ages including adults.
I hope this helps, if you would like anymore ideas please use the contact form and I will send you a FREE copy of my activities sheet.